Welcome One And All

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Kids and Sleeping Problems part 2

I never really had a long-lasting sleep problem with any of the other kids. They all had their phases with nightmares, or just not wanting to sleep etc, but nothing like what I went through with Kelsey.

My kids have always been allowed to climb into my bed if they've felt unsafe or couldn't sleep in their own, but at times it does get a bit much.

I found a great way of combatting the chances of it turning into a habit.

I'd let them climb in 2 nights in a row, but the 3rd night I'd pull out my secret weapon: A spare matress placed right beside my bed. If the kids come in on that 3rd night, I send them to get their own quilt and pillow and tell them they can sleep in my room but they HAVE to sleep on the matress on the floor.

Sometimes they do sleep on it, other times they decide it's not worth the hassle and instead of going to get their quilt and pillow they just go back to bed. They've never come back for 4 nights running ;)

Anna

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,
Comments:

Post a Comment